Hints and tips for learning Dutch and Flemish
All you need to know about the basic civic integration examination 'machtiging van voorlopig verblijf' or MVV test.
1. What is the MVV test?If you come from a country outside of the EU and you want to join a partner or spouse in the Netherlands, you have to apply for an MVV with the Dutch consulate or embassy in your home country. Once you have successfully passed the MVV test, and the related documentation is approved, you...
All you need to know about 'Oriëntatie op de Nederlandse arbeidsmarkt' or 'ONA' for the Dutch civic integration exam.
1. Wat is Oriëntatie op de Nederlandse arbeidsmarkt?This part of the 'inburgeringsexamen' is all about employement in the Netherlands. Unlike the other exams in this series, you are not expected to complete questions and answers but rather compile and submit a proffessional portfolio. The portfolio will contain your CV as well as any other...
All you need to know about the part ‘ Kennis van de Nederlandse maatschappij' or KNM of the Dutch civic integration exam or inburgeringsexamen.
1. What does 'kennis van de Nederlandse maatschappij' mean?In order to be approved for Dutch citizenship or permanent residence, you have to have some knowledge of Dutch society, above and beyond just speaking the Dutch language. To test this knowledge you have to pass the 'Kennis van de Nederlandse maatschappij' exam.
Speaking at B1 level in Dutch means you can have a day to day conversation or a simple discussion where you can voice your opinion. Basic vocabulary doesn't hold you back and you can form short sentences without grammar errors. You understand more complicated sentences, but you don't need to form them yet.
1. What does writing at B1 level mean?
All you need to know about the Listening or 'luisteren' part of the Dutch civic integration exam-het inburgeringsexamen.
1. What does listening at B1 level mean?Similar as with the reading part, at B1 level you need to generally understand short audio clips and conversations between two native speakers who speak formal Dutch and not dialect or 'street language'.
As expected the types of audio clips you need to comprehend associate with daily life including topics...
Since you are reading this post, you are considdering, or preparing, to take the Dutch civic integration exam.
In this blog we give you more practical information about the reading segment of the Dutch civic integration exam and we provide you with some hints and tips to improve your chances in passing the exam.
Should your require...
All you need to know about the Dutch civic integration exam, also referred to as "inburgeringsexamen"
For many people relocating to the Netherlands and the maze of procedures and "how-to's", when doing so, prove to be quite a headache. We provide advice and assistance to our students with these topics on a daily basis, we decided to compile this article to help others with some of the most common questions we are asked. One of our...